Turkish PM says anti-terror operations will continue

Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu says anti-terror operations against PKK will continue until very end

Photo by: AA
Photo by: AA

Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu gives a speech to press members on Friday.

Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Friday that the anti-terror operations against PKK will continue determinedly until peace is provided in all regions of the country.

Davutoglu was quoted as saying ‘’We initiated the series of anti-terror operations on July 23 saying that ‘the struggle will continue until peace and security are provided in the country’ and now we are still saying the same thing.’’

As to the major operations in Silvan district of Diyarbakir, Davutoglu said‘’ We know that PKK terrorist piled up great amounts of explosives and ammunitions in Silvan and we will take all necessary measures there and in other regions for security of our people.’’

Turkish security forces have been recently carrying out major security operations against PKK terrorist organisation in Silvan where a curfew was announced on Nov.3 to seize PKK terrorists and to remove barricades along with the explosive devices which they had set earlier in the streets.

In the meantime, Davutoglu added that ‘’the operations in Silvan have been completed to a certain extent.’’

PKK is listed as a terror organisation by Turkey, US and EU and its terror attacks have killed over 150 security officials  along with 30 civilians since the PKK’s umbrella organisation, KCK, unilaterally ended a two-year-long ceasefire with the government on July 11.

TRTWorld and agencies