Deputy Programme Editor
London - Full Time
We are now hiring for a Deputy Programme Editor in London.
The Deputy Programme Editor plays a pivotal role in coordinating and overseeing the news bulletins. Responsible for making sure the team delivers the necessary output for television.
- Highly organized with strong editorial understanding.
- Assists the Programme Editor in compiling the news bulletin.
- Works as part of a team to assign and check stories and straps for accuracy, quality of pictures and adherence to TRT World's >
- Pitches story ideas and suggests new ways to tell stories to an international audience.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Excellent journalist and organizer, with a strong eye for detail.
- Ability to edit videos.
- Strong problem-solving abilities as well as the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English, in particular, the ability to edit/rewrite stories quickly.
- Ready to work in shifts in a 24-hour news environment.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in broadcast journalism.
- Previous experience of working in an international newsroom is a plus.
- Bachelors in journalism or other disciplines.