Digital Strategy - Istanbul, Turkey - Full Time
TRT World believes in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it snapchat, whatsapp or something more traditional like facebook or our website, we’re looking for a candidate who understands the importance of creating unique experiences for each platform.
The software engineering team is looking to hire Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The successful candidates will report to the Head of Software Development. Ultimately, ideal candidate should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Design, develop, and execute software test suites for multiple platforms – web, iOS, Android, and living room devices such as Roku, Samsung TV, Vizio, LG, Xbox, etc.
- Pair with Product Management to design stories and formalize Acceptance Criteria
- Help select and design quality engineering platforms, frameworks, and patterns
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with proper quality assurance techniques, documentation, and the ability to communicate results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Experience reporting testing results in a clear, detailed and analytical >
- Strong SQL and NoSQL knowledge, including writing and executing queries to analyze data
- Understanding of Release Management and System Integration preferred
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.