Digital Executive Producer - Fast News
The Digital Executive Producer Fast News is responsible for managing news coverage of all TRT World's digital and online properties. This involves determining overall news coverage plans and ensuring continuity in the sustained coverage of important news events.
The candidate reports directly to the Head of Digital and will be responsible for managing the team of Digital News Editors and Producers. The candidate along with the Head of Digital manages the editorial direction of news coverage across TRT World’s digital platforms.
The candidate will also need to have a background in conceptualising, piloting and implementing new methods of packaging news stories and issues.
- Plan digital news coverage for major upcoming stories.
- Coordinate, decide and manage all news assignments
- Originate, develop and execute ideas for news coverage.
- Oversee all news coverage produced for the channel's digital properties.
- Coordinate with Newsgathering and Output of the TV channel as needed.
- Allocate staff and resources to ensure effective coverage of stories and for ensuring that all news output meets the TRT World standard of excellence. This involves working with coordinators on rota related issues and managing related administration.
- Exceptionally sound editorial judgment of Global issues.
- A passion and commitment to the TRT World spirit of journalism.
- Exceptional leadership and communication abilities.
- Ability to lead team meetings and discussions.
- Ability to organise and executed major projects and tasks.
- At least 8 years experience in International Relations, Political Policy, or Journalism.
- At least 3 years experience in a senior editorial position.
- A proven track record of success.