The Event Specialist has responsibilities for organizing events and ensuring deadlines are adhered to.
· Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
· Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
· Coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, catering, travel);
· Organize pre-event planning, e.g. organising guest speakers and delegate packs;
· Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might ocur;
· Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
· Interact day to day with influencers and produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
· Coordinate branding groups and yearly forums;
· Research opportunities for new influencers and events;
· Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports;
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
· Minimum 3 years of experience in event and project management.
· Master’s degree or higher in Social Sciences required.
· Good command of English. Turkish is a plus.
· Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
· Interest in International Politics.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Strong networking skills and excellent established network.
· A knack for problem-solving.
· Time management skills.
· Good network.