The Executive Producer will work on a weekly current affairs program. As a senior member of the programs department, he/she is expected to have a solid experience as a senior journalist, in a TV newsroom or TV programs environment. He or she is also expected to have an excellent understanding of domestic and international affairs and to prove good leadership and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing current affairs. S/he will have a strong track record of producing programs in the field, including directing camera and technical crews, conducting interviews as required and directing presenters and correspondents. S/he will be an excellent writer and be able to create compelling, relevant television.
- To produce accurate, balanced, well produced, viewer focused programs.
- To ensure TRT World content and coverage is consistent with TRT World standards and goals
- Decide on the editorial lines of the day and lead the team to achieve it
- Participate in the channels editorial & planning meetings and propose ideas.
- Commission and review packages and take full editorial responsibility for the content of the show.
- Approve the guests and follows up with the interview producer to ensure guests and satellite bookings are made within the agreed time & budget.
- Write scripts, openings and closings for programs/ reports and desktop edit videos.
- Commission graphics and video walls and manage all graphics production in liaison with creative.
- Log the rundown into the I-News system and ensure that all scripts and straps are correct and approved.
- Liaise with the newsgathering teams (assignment & planning desks) to commission field reports.
- Editorially direct & Liaise with the gallery staff during the recording of the show on air.
- Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, interview desk, satellite desk, and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned
- Manage and motivate output teams
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international Television environment, 3 years in similar roles.
- Degree in Journalism is advantage.
- Native English level.
- High standard news judgment.
- Professional writing and script editing in English.
- Decision making capability.
- Proven skills in TV production and technology.
- Ability to use and enhance using social media for the benefit of the current affairs shows.
- Team Building & leadership skills.