Digital Executive Producer, Video
The Digital Executive Producer - Video is responsible for leading the digital video section of TRT World's Digital Content Team. This includes managing all our the Shows, Explainers, Mini-Docs and Social video strands across TRT World's digital platforms.
All the various strands focus on producing platform-relevant highly shareable, cutting edge and information packed videos. The teams will focus on digital content that impacts current global trends, news events, social and political issues as well as arts and culture.
The Executive Producer makes crucial editorial decisions; exercises strong editorial
judgment; and rules on issues of editorial >
The Executive Producer reports directly to the Manager of Digital Content.
- Manage the Shows, Explainers, Mini-Docs and social video teams.
- Run the editorial operations key to developing digital video across all of TRT World's digital platforms.
- Lead editorial meetings.
- Along with the Manager of Digital Content set the editorial vision for the video team.
- Continuously drive innovation around video content >
- Work directly with the digital strategy team to understand audience habits, trends and changes in format/>
- Approve scripts and video for publishing.
- Communicate relevant decisions to management and other departments when required.
- Carry out duties in line with editorial guidelines and ethics of TRT World.
- Substantial relevant practical experience.
- First class news judgment and comprehensive understanding of global events, current affairs and trends.
- Understanding of digital and video journalism.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Ability to assess new information and react quickly to editorial developments.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Thorough knowledge of video production techniques and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of digital platforms.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong grasp of newsroom operations and workflow.
- Strong grasp of social media ecosystems.
- Proven relevant experience.
- At least 7 years experience in editorial roles.
- A proven track record of success.