We are now hiring for Programme Editors in Istanbul.
The Programme Editor is responsible for producing news bulletins, liaising with news desks for global coverage needs, managing graphics production, liaising with gallery staff and editing scripts for programs.
- Produce accurate, balanced, well produced, impartial, informative, up-to-date & viewer focused bulletins or News programs.
- Ensure content and coverage is consistent with TRT World's Editorial Policies and values
- Read in and have an overview of international updates through all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers ...etc.).
- Participate in the editorial meeting and propose ideas on what news stories need more coverage and content development.
- Discuss ideas with the news teams and producers and decide on what stories should be presented for the day.
- Approve guests and follows up with the interview desk to contact guests and book satellite time.
- Review packages and reports and propose comments.
- Report and produce from the field.
- Write scripts, Headlines, Promos and main pages in bulletins, openings and closings for programs/ reports and edit videos for stories to be presented
- Direct the broadcasting crew during the shift.
- Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, interview desk, satellite desk, and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned.
- Manage and motivate teams.
- Originate and develop news and strands.