Output Producers - Broadcast Center
Output - Washington DC, DC - Full Time
Working under the programme editor, the output producer will be responsible for producing first class content for TRT World programmes; writing scripts, producing packages, cutting pictures, booking guests, developing graphics and other content as required. The output producer will be organised, efficient, creative and enterprising. The role may require shift work including evenings and weekends when required.
· Work under the direction of the Programme Editor to produce distinctive and stylish coverage for TRT World programming.
· Contribute ideas for programme subjects and segments.
· Write scripts for on-air talent, cut pictures using a newsroom production system, find guests, commission and write graphics and complete other tasks as required.
· Conduct pre-interviews with guests.
· Research topics and provide briefings for presenters and programme editors.
· Ensure TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
· Stay up to date with news and current affairs, utilising all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers, social media ...etc.)
· Show willingness to adapt to developments in production techniques.
· Develop and maintain an extensive network of contacts, showing enterprise when researching potential interviewees.
· Act up as senior producer if required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in current affairs or news programmes
· Ability to work on short and longer term tasks, manage time effectively and be responsive to changing programme demands
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Extensive database of contacts desirable
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English