We are now hiring for an Interview Producer in Washington.Interview Producer, Programmes
Working under the programme editor, the Interview Producer will be responsible for managing guest contributions to TRT World programmes. The primary role will be to book interviewees, prepare briefings for presenters and conduct pre-interviews with guests. Demonstrating enterprise and tenacity, your mission will be to secure original, distinctive and news-making interviewees that help to make TRT World programmes stand out. As one of the key contributors to editorial content, you will be astute and inquisitive in your approach. The role may require shift work including evenings and weekends when required.
· Work under the direction of the Programme Editor to produce distinctive, authoritative and informative guest segments for TRT World programming.
· Develop and maintain an extensive network of contacts, showing enterprise when researching potential interviewees.
· Research topics and provide briefings for presenters and programme editors.
· Contribute ideas for programme subjects and segments.
· Write intros for guests when required.
· Act with courtesy, efficiency and integrity as one of the key public-facing members of the department.
· Ensure TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
· Stay up to date with news and current affairs, utilising all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers, social media ...etc.)
· Respond to breaking news when required, delivering guests for fast-turnaround projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in current affairs or news programmes
· Ability to working calmly and efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to work on short and longer term tasks, manage time effectively and be responsive to changing programme demands
· Demonstrate strong editorial judgment and journalistic enterprise
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Extensive database of contacts essential
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Must be fluent in written and spoken English