TECHNICAL OPERATIONS LEAD - WASHINGTON DC
The Technical and Operations Production Lead is responsible for all technical aspects of news and programme production in TRT World’s Broadcast Centres. S/he should ensure the technical aspects of the studios, galleries and overall connectivity are of the highest quality and meet the standards of the TRT network.
A key aspect of the job is to coordinate the activities of staff, production house employees and freelance technicians in the broadcast centres, and provide liaison with technical staff at TRT World HQ in Istanbul, principally IT and broadcast operations, MCR staff and technical directors.
The successful candidate will have sufficient technical knowledge to direct the Technical Operations teams in the Broadcast Centre and help troubleshoot problems, but also the managerial skills to handle staff and clients diplomatically, and finance and budget are skills to estimate project and operational budgets.
The role will involve extensive project management work in the first instance, migrating to operational management as the infrastructure of the Broadcast Centres is established and developed.
S/he will report directly to the Broadcast Centre Bureau Chief.
• Oversee the technical aspects of daily broadcast and newsgathering activities
• Liaise and cooperate with Istanbul HQ staff to implement the requirements of News and Programme departments.
• Oversee the daily work of technical staff in the Broadcast Centres.
• Cooperate with technical staff in Istanbul to resolve problems and implement the instructions of Technical Operations management.
• Report to the Bureau Chief and the Vice-Director for International Operations for budgetary, staff and operational issues.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Graduate, preferably with an engineering, IT or broadcasting degree
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of Turkish a great advantage.
• At least five years’ experience in TV studio, gallery, MCR, field, ENG or SNG operations.
• At least two years experience of leading a team.
• A good understanding of technological developments in the TV industry.