Before applying please ensure you have the required experience for the position. Candidates without required experience and THOSE APPLY WITH NON-ENGLISH RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please apply for a maximum of 3 positions. Those candidates with more than 3 applications in total will risk removal from the evaluation process
We are looking for experienced shoot-edit camera operators to work in the field with our correspondents and producers compiling news packages and filing lives worldwide. From front line to news conference, from refugee camp to presidential palace, the variety of work is huge. You should be ready to work in all types of environment and travel extensively, working mostly with a tight-knit field team but sometimes as part of a complex, multi-camera shoot on features and investigations. The successful applicants will have a keen eye and will ideally have had extensive experience of working with an international news organization. They should be familiar with the latest field workflows involving laptop editing, 3G/4G wifi data transfer, the use of various camera formats, and mobile satellite platforms.
- Work as part of a field operations team to gather high quality material, edit under heavy deadline pressure and file from the field over a variety of platforms including IT, wifi and traditional satellite links.
- Set up live TV links in all types of environment and ensure safe and seamless transmission into the TRT systems
- Work with the field team to ensure as safe a working environment as possible in sometime hostile areas
- Be an ambassador for TRT World in sometimes trying conditions
- Demonstrate craft and operational aptitude and possess an unerring eye for a good picture and technical field skills
- Effective communicator – speaks English well and is able to interpret the wishes of field colleagues and the newsdesk. Able to tactfully suggest alternatives
- Excellent team worker - participates fully in the team’s decision-making; flexible and proactive in taking on the roles required
- Resourceful and flexible – the role involves extensive international travel, often at the last minute.
- Demonstrates awareness of pressures on each individual in the team
- An ability to be as cost-effective as possible
- Strives to provide the highest quality of work, both artistically and technically, whilst understanding and working within the limits imposed by available finance, resources and deadlines
- Demonstrable interest in TRT programme output