The Senior Producer will help to lead content production for TRT World programmes; writing scripts, producing packages, cutting pictures, booking guests, developing graphics and other content as required. Your mission will be to produce original and market-leading output while ensuring TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. Though your main role will be to produce content for TRT World's television channel, you will embrace the full range of content delivery platforms including online and aim to develop cross-platform working practices and ideas when required. The role may require shift work including evenings and weekends.
• Work under the direction of the Programme Editor to produce distinctive and stylish coverage for TRT World programming.
• Write scripts for on-air talent, cut packages and pictures using a newsroom production system, find guests, commission and write graphics and complete other tasks as required.
• Act up as programme editor when required.
• Ensure TRT World's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
• Stay up to date with news and current affairs, utilising all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers, social media ...etc.)
• Contribute ideas for programme subjects, programme content and potential interviewees.
• Work with colleagues to cultivate a collaborative approach to content production and delivery across the channel.
• Show willingness to adapt to developments in production techniques
• Through your conduct and work, provide an example to less senior production staff and help to ensure best practice is adhered to across the production team.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of 6 years relevant experience of news or current affairs.
• Experience in television news, including at a national or international broadcast news channel.
• An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
• Excellence in writing for broadcast.
• High level of proficiency in newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
• Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
• Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, international politics, public policy, world business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.