As Media Manager / Archivist supporting TRT World and TRT Arabi, you will be responsible for the accurate storage and supply of all video and metadata assets to the news production and programming clients on site in Istanbul, our broadcast centres, bureaus and external clients.
They will have experience working with internal and external clients and understand the demands on an media/archive in the 24/7 news/program environment. They must possess the ability to design taxonomies, apply indexing and metadata standards to content and have experience of copyright and footage licensing.
Responsibility extends to all incoming media into the archive domain, ensuring it is treated with due care and is processed correctly with all associated metadata and is stored correctly for repurposing. The candidate must have a detailed understanding of archiving processes, metadata and footage rights as well as a detailed understanding of broadcast technology and must understand the production chain from point of acquisition, through to post production, transmission and onwards into archive. An understanding of live studio production will also be helpful.
- Design and implement workflows.
- Facilitate problem solving, coloration and communication. Ensure that information flows bi-directionally between team members.
- Designing and implementation of policies for Archive, Syndication and Tape Library. You must also understand the integration that exists between editing and all other operational areas.
- You will be required to read and evaluate large technical documents, BOQ’s and system schematics.
- You will be required to aid in the design, installation, testing and commissioning of new systems.
- You will need to be able to write, evaluate and/or approve acceptance documents.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- A strong background in media/archive, digital and file based library systems, indexing and taxonomies.
- A high technical understanding of broadcast operations.
- An excellent understanding of news and current affairs and an eye for detail.
- Fluent English / Arabic speaker and able to communicate effectively with verbally and written/Turkish is a plus.
- Able to deal with competing demands, remain calm and lead others while under pressure.
- An ability to produce and present concise reports.
- Recognize early signs of difficulty and act accordingly to resolve them.
- A problem solver – able to solve issues quickly and effectively.
- Proven in-depth knowledge and experience of contemporary media/archive practices and their application in an editorial news environment
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Broadcast Operations in a media/archive position, within a file-based operational environment, preferably already in news and current affairs.
- Minimum High school diploma or higher and relevant experience in related fields, however degree in Library and Information Science and/or Media and Journalism is preferred.