- To design, implement, management, maintain key business applications, servers, storage, and/or network infrastructure.
- To support end users, maintain security infrastructure, research new technology, plan and coordinate system utilisation, perform capacity planning.
- To investigate and analyse system requirements and develop system specifications including identification methods, solutions.
- To provide project leadership in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Domain Management (DNS, AD, LDAP, GPO, CA, Security).
- Network (SAN Switch Management, Vmware Network Management, Maintenance, Network Basics, Security).
- E-mail Services (Exchange Server 2013 – 2016, SMTP, Mail Gateway Management).
- Storage Basic Management, File Services (File Server, NAS, SAN, vSAN).
- Server Management (MS Windows 2008/2012/2016, Linux Basics).
- Application Management (IIS, FTP, NPS, DHCP, WSUS, Powershell, Basics Dynamics AX Servers.
- Virtualization Technologies (Vmware – XenServer – Hyper-V, Application&Desktop Virtualization (Citrix XenDesktop - XenApp)).
- Mobile Device Management.
- Backup Management (EMC Avamar - Datadomain & Veeam Backup and Replication).
- Knowledge Disaster Recovery.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot and administer servers, applications and infrastructure.
- Provide second and third tier help desk support for employees.
- Provide on-call support to as required.
- Act as project manager for system implementations and changes.
- Develop and implement training and instruction programmes for users on the use of key systems.
- Ensure systems are installed and maintained to adhere to best practices in security.
- Ensure records for equipment inventory, licences, and contracts are properly maintained.
- Maintain software/hardware licensing and contracts.
- Research new technology products to enhance company operations.
- Communicates with employees at all levels of the organization, oftenin English, on relevant issues.
- Communicates and negotiates with vendors.
- Adheres to best practices, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
At least five years of experience in system and/or network administration.
Degree in computer sciences or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer certificate is preferred.
Ability to stay abreast to technology: new and emerging developments in the field of servers, programming, networking and telecommunications.