To design, implement, management, maintain key business applications, servers, storage, and/or network infrastructure.
To support end users, maintain security infrastructure, research new technology, plan and coordinate system utilization, and perform capacity planning.
To investigate and analyse system requirements and develop system specifications including identification methods, solutions.
To provide project leadership in order to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Domain Management (DNS, AD, LDAP, GPO, CA, Security).
- Network (SAN Switch Management, Vmware Network Management, Maintenance, Network Basics, Security).
- E-mail Services (Exchange Server 2013 – 2016, SMTP, Mail Gateway Management).
- Storage Basic Management, File Services (File Server, NAS, SAN, vSAN).
- Server Management (MS Windows 2008/2012/2016, Linux Basics).
- Application Management (IIS, FTP, NPS, DHCP, WSUS, Powershell, Basics Dynamics AX Servers.
- Virtualization Technologies (Vmware – XenServer – Hyper-V, Application&Desktop Virtualization (Citrix XenDesktop - XenApp)).
- Mobile Device Management.
- Backup Management (EMC Avamar - Datadomain & Veeam Backup and Replication).
- Knowledge Disaster Recovery.
- Design, implement, troubleshoot and administer servers, applications and infrastructure.
- Provide second and third tier help desk support for employees.
- Provide on-call support to as required.
- Act as project manager for system implementations and changes.
- Develop and implement training and instruction programmes for users on the use of key systems.
- Ensure systems are installed and maintained to adhere to best practices in security.
- Ensure records for equipment inventory, licenses, and contracts are properly maintained.
- Maintain software/hardware licensing and contracts.
- Research new technology products to enhance company operations.
- Communicates with employees at all levels of the organization, often in English, on relevant issues.
- Communicates and negotiates with vendors.
- Adheres to best practices, standard operating procedures, and safety regulations.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least six years of experience in system and/or network administration.
- Degree in computer sciences or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer certificate is preferred.
- Ability to stay abreast to technology: new and emerging developments in the field of servers, programming, networking and telecommunications.