ABU - IT/Broadcast Engineer (temporary appointment)
ASIA-PASIFIC BROADCASTING UNION's (ABU) Technical Department monitors technology services for ABU Members at its headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Our employee, who will pass the evaluation process successfully, will be temporarily assigned to ABU's Malaysia office and will work as a part of the ABU Technical Department.
Ideal candidate/s for this position should have strong knowledge in broadcasting, IP networks, terrestrial broadcasting and satellite broadcasting.
Requirements: Minimum, Bachelor's Degree on Engineering
Language: Advanced level of written and oral English skills as well as good understanding in written texts. Other languages will be added value for the candidate.
Professional Skills and Experiences: Having a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the IT support / system engineer function in broadcast or media networks, if possible. (Previous works in the same or similar positions in workplaces other than the TRT is also included in the calculation of 3 years of experience.)
- Having practical knowledge / work experience in the fields of broadcasting, computer systems, network systems, satellite communication systems and video transmission,
- Ability to research and resolve complex issues with sharp technical skills independently,
- Being an effective communicator who accepts change and prioritizes innovation,
- Dominance on computer software used in office environment such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as IT related core software,
- Ability to learn new technologies on their own,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English,
- Being a team player, advanced collaboration skills,
- Ability to work in a team and to work independently when necessary,
- A strong sense of responsibility, team spirit and initiative,
- Ability to work harmoniously with people at different levels in a range of different areas,
- Customer service and support experience, having customer-focused notion.