Camera Operators work both with pedestal cameras on the studio floor but also with remote studio cameras in a variety of operational conditions, from single shots to complex multi-camera shoots. You will produce pictures for directors by combining the use of complex technology with creative visual skills. You will have experience on camera robotic tripods and heads and deliver the shots needed by the director in a creative way. The most qualified successful applicant for this job will be invited to head the unit subject to further negotiation.
- Operating cameras in a variety of configurations under direction on recorded and live programming.
- Working quickly and accurately to the instructions of the director.
- Ensuring the match of various operating cameras in a studio to the same colour and light balance.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and first‐line fault finding as necessary
- Interacting and maintaining good working relationships with other members of the production team.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Evidence of theoretical competency and good technical abilities.
- Excellent hand-eye co-ordination, hearing and colour vision.
- Experience in operating cameras in a live studio rolling news environment.
- Ability to remain focused at all times.
- Innovative, creative and observant.
- Physically fit.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience required.
- Competent spoken English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.