TRT WORLD & TRT ARABIC
The Prompter operator uses the teleprompter technology to scroll through scripted material, staying at the speaker's pace. It is a gallery-based role, working closely with production staff under considerable stress. You need to be flexible and able to adapt to changing speech patterns. You should be able to quickly make modifications if a speaker adlibs. Rundowns will often change with very little notice and you will be expected to cross reference what is being offered on the prompter against the producers running order. Even under pressure and possible loud noisy environment, you should be able to focus on the prompter and follow the presenters while they read.
- Operating the prompter equipment in the gallery.
- Ensuring that programme rundowns and scripts are updated and uploaded.
- Liaising with directors, program editors and the presenters.
- Listening actively to Program editors and Directors for any script changes and reloads.
- Checking that PCs & departmental equipment are in working order regularly. Reports encountered problems to technical director and upper management.
- Familiar with iNews NRCS
- Previous experience of working a prompter system in a live studio at a large TV channel
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Good communication and time management skill
- Must be capable of working long hours, including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays
- No military obligation (for male candidates)
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Preferably Bachelors Graduate