Digital Senior Editor - Short Docs
The Digital Senior Editor, Documentaries is responsible for leading a team that creates short-long form documentary video content. The candidate will manage a team of Producers and Craft Editors to drive online video coverage across TRT World's digital platforms.
The Documentaries team will produce highly engaging and powerfully told videos. The team will focus on digital content that impacts current global trends, news events and social, political issues.
The Senior Editor will make crucial editorial decisions; exercise strong editorial judgment; edit scripts; and rule on issues of >
- Run editorial operations for the Documentaries team.
- Lead editorial meetings.
- Manage relevant news gathering operations.
- Edit scripts.
- Approve scripts and video for publishing.
- Communicate relevant decisions to management and other departments when required.
- Carry out duties in line with editorial guidelines and ethics of TRT World.
- Substantial relevant practical experience.
- First class news judgment and comprehensive understanding of global events, current affairs and trends.
- Understanding of digital and video journalism.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Ability to assess new information and react quickly to editorial developments.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Thorough knowledge of video production techniques and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of digital platforms.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong grasp of newsroom operations and workflow.
- Strong grasp of social media ecosystems.
- Proven relevant experience.
- At least 5 years experience in editorial roles.
- A proven track record of success.