Digital Senior Editor - Fast News
The Digital Senior Editor - Fast News leads news teams on the digital news desk.
The Senior Editor is responsible for ensuring that all news coverage and copy on the channel’s various digital platforms are crisp, clear, understandable, relatable, engaging and meets TRT World’s editorial standards. This role provides important editorial direction to all daily Digital output. The Senior Editor reports directly to the Digital Executive Producer – Fast News.This is a senior role within the channel’s digital team.
- - Manage and lead news shifts.
- - Provide editorial direction to the news output along with Executive Producers.
- - Revise, copy edit and publish news scripts.
- - Decide upon news headlines and summaries for news stories.
- - Decide on the content >
- - Ability to write exceptionally crisp news copy.
- Oversee distribution of content on news shifts.
- - A passion and commitment to the TRT World spirit of journalism.
- - Sound leadership and communication abilities.
- - Ability to lead team meetings and discussions.
- - Ability to do shift work and work under tight pressure and deadlines.
- - Outstanding writing and copy editing ability.
- - Outstanding ability to write concise and accurate journalistic headlines and summaries.
- - An understanding of social media ecosystems.
- - A sound understanding and willingness to innovate around storytelling.
- - At least 7 years experience in print or digital journalism.
- - A proven track record of success.