TRT World believes in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it snapchat, whatsapp or something more traditional like facebook or our website, we’re looking for a candidate who understands the importance of creating unique experiences for each platform.
At TRT World, we are committed to using data with advanced analytics to grow our audience base, design better products and make informed business decisions. Reporting to the Head of Data & Insights, the Data Scientist will turn complex analytics into actionable insights to drive persistent audience growth and improve engagement across TRT World’s digital properties and content distribution channels.
This is a key strategic role that will identify opportunities for growth and shape our daily and long-term strategy for a more engaged audience base. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated experience in extracting quality data across social platforms such as Twitter, Facebook & YouTube.
● Interact with the key internal business stakeholders – Newsroom, Programming and Digital – to understand needs and identify use cases that would benefit from application of machine learning or advanced statistical techniques.
● Use data to better understand what our readers and viewers are doing and why
● Develop and manage a strategy to track KPIs around audience interaction
● Help to determine KPI’s for growth of all digital properties and distribution channels.
● Serve as the ambassador for a data-driven, analytical culture, where data and insights inform editorial and business strategy and decision-making.
● Oversee creation of effective, insightful, actionable information that is customized for its intended recipient
● Define overall company strategy for data and analytics
● Work very closely with the Audience Development & Product teams
● Constantly stay on top of industry trends and introduce innovation and best practices.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Statistics, or similar fields
● At least 3 years experience in the Data Science or Analytics field.
● Write SQL queries to gather and combine data from multiple data sources
● Proven experience with data science/analytical tools and programming language, such as Python, Sas, R
● Experienced in using machine learning algorithms
● Demonstrated understanding of the news and media industry
● A passion and commitment to the TRT World spirit of journalism.
● Sound leadership and communication abilities.
● Mastery over the landscape.
● Demonstrated experience running creative teams around products
● Experienced in contributing to large digital organizations.
● Experienced in analyzing trends in the digital space.
● Demonstrated knowledge of digital media
● A proven track record of success.
● Proficient in English