CMS Associate, Digital Strategy
- TRT World believes in reaching our audiences on their preferred devices and platforms through innovative products that keep us relevant to our community. Be it Amazon Echo, Apple TV, chatbots, or something more traditional like our website or mobile apps, we are looking for a candidate who understands the importance of creating unique experiences for each platform.
- The CMS Associate reports to the Head of Digital Products and is responsible for supporting the product and editorial teams in executing short-term and long-term CMS objectives. The CMS Associate will also support the execution of our API strategy and the evolution of our CMS into a true data-driven multi-channel publishing platform. He/She will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of editorial workflows, capturing requirements, running user testing sessions, and communicating with internal stakeholders in implementing industry leading strategies across the CMS landscape using the latest tools and technologies.
- The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience capturing requirements, developing workflows, and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders. He/She must have experience in planning, launching and supporting the development of large scale web portal and CMS backend.
- Track, monitor, and oversee the implementation of CMS features and functions
Develop and implement an innovative CMS platform that’s able to publish to all of TRT World’s digital products and social platforms
Outline the roadmap for supporting new TRT World products and services that will be powered by the CMS
Manage scoping of new features and identifying resource needs
Develop product roadmaps and project plans
Lead discussions around best practices and continually innovate to identify new opportunities as new technologies emerge
Support the execution of the CMS product lifecycle from concept through to research, design, build, launch and iterative improvements
Work closely with the software team to validate requirements, scope new features, and ensure the CMS is able to effectively publish to the various products
Work closely with the online team to ensure journalists have the best understanding of the CMS functions
Effectively capture requirements from stakeholders and find creative solutions to implement them within the core CMS
Monitor and report on qualitative and quantitative measures of CMS performance
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Demonstrated understanding of the news and media publishing industry
- A passion and commitment to the TRT World spirit of journalism
- Sound leadership and communication abilities
- Experience and understanding of the CMS landscape
- Demonstrated experience implementing new features around CMS products
- Experienced in contributing to large digital organizations.
- Experienced in analyzing trends in the digital space.
- At least 2-3 years experience implementing CMS and website backend features.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital media.
- A self-starter able to work independently and within a group.
- Proficient in writing, speaking and delivering presentations in English.