TRT World believes in reaching our audiences on their preferred platforms through innovative formats that make us relatable to our community. Be it snapchat, whatsapp or something more traditional like facebook or our website, we’re looking for a candidate who understands the importance of creating unique experiences for each platform.
The software engineering team is looking to hire a team of both front-end and back-end developers to build the core digital products for TRT World. The successful candidates will report to the Head of Software Development and be responsible for all development related work.
We are looking for Front-End Engineers who are motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Ownership of a specific development track as defined by the organisation
- Participate in regular meetings around software development
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in the development world and continually iterate on new product releases to ensure market leading digital products
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git, svn
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Experienced in contributing to large digital organizations is a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in the field of software development.
- Strong coding and development background, experience in a media related industry is a plus
- A proven track record of success.
- Proficient in English