Lead directors lead the technical team in the gallery that turns a rundown into a programme. You will be responsible for the clean output of the channel, tasked with delivering a fast and accurate programme using multiple cameras, outside sources, video inserts and graphics machines. You will have to act fast, deal with different technical situations on the spot, prevent any technical issue where possible or confidently instruct on how to fix them. The most qualified successful applicant for this job will be invited to head the unit subject to further negotiation.
- Keeping the channel's output clean and on-air at all times.
- Turning the producers wishes into reality in the best way.
- Managing the gallery and studio team and getting the best from all involved.
- Talking with transmission schedulers and operators to ensure the output is delivered correctly.
- Offering creative input to programme, working alongside the producers and presenters.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Direct operations management/studio management experience in a creative environment
- In-depth understanding of television production techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the whole news production process, from gathering, editing, graphics, scriptwriting to output and transmission.
- A strong knowledge of studio equipment.
- Ability to remain cool, calm and collected at all times and keeping the gallery as calm as possible even under real pressure.
- A flair for making innovative, continuous television news.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of two years experience.
- Competent spoken English