Broadcast IT Specialist
Istanbul, Turkey - Full Time
To design, implement and maintain TRT World’s key broadcast IT applications, including Stratus, iNEWS, VizRT and maintain broadcasting systems in peak condition 24/7/365
- Support broadcast and post-production at TRT World in Istanbul and the broadcast centres.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting as well as helping to launch systems into production in an efficient and professional manner.
- Understanding VizRT, Stratus and iNEWS projects models.
- Working independently and keeping promises.
- Planning and estimating the time needed for you to complete various tasks, according to your own skill level and experience.
- Taking responsibility and initiative to constantly learn more about the broadcast industry, broadcast equipment, cloud technologies etc.
- Coach or lead other teammates and is also depended on to provide recommendations to the leadership team.
- Collaborating with team members and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
- Perform on site and remote installations of Broadcast systems for Media Asset Management.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex issues related to Broadcast Systems.
- Participate in capture of specifications, follow up, test and debug of software developments.
- Software installations, verification of user interface and performing Site Acceptance Test, and template construction (Show Design and Metadata configurations)
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in a System Engineer role as consultant, developer or support engineer in the digital media and broadcast industry
- At least 3+ years in a System Engineer role in various industries.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work in a cross-platform development environment, consisting primarily of Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Linux administration and scripting experience in Unix environment.
- Familiarity with network protocols and libraries, network troubleshooting, storage, switch and router configuration. CCNA Certıfication is a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, or DB2 preferably) and SQL.
- Experience in working in high-pressure situations.