Broadcast IT Specialist
- İstanbul, Turkey
- Full Time
Before applying please ensure you have the required experience for the position. Candidates without required experience and THOSE APPLY WITH NON-ENGLISH RESUMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please apply for a maximum of 3 positions. Those candidates with more than 3 applications in total will risk removal from the evaluation process.
To design, implement and maintain TRT World’s key broadcast IT applications, including Stratus, iNEWS, VizRT and maintain broadcasting systems in peak condition 24/7/365
- Support broadcast and post-production at TRT World in Istanbul and the broadcast centres.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting as well as helping to launch systems into production in an efficient and professional manner.
- Understanding VizRT, Stratus and iNEWS projects models.
- Working independently and keeping promises.
- Planning and estimating the time needed for you to complete various tasks, according to your own skill level and experience.
- Taking responsibility and initiative to constantly learn more about the broadcast industry, broadcast equipment, cloud technologies etc.
- Coach or lead other teammates and is also depended on to provide recommendations to the leadership team.
- Collaborating with team members and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
- Perform on site and remote installations of Broadcast systems for Media Asset Management.
· Troubleshoot and solve complex issues related to Broadcast Systems.
· Participate in capture of specifications, follow up, test and debug of software developments.
· Software installations, verification of user interface and performing Site Acceptance Test, and template construction (Show Design and Metadata configurations)
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years in a System Engineer role as consultant, developer or support engineer in the digital media and broadcast industry
- At least 3+ years in a System Engineer role in various industries.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications.
- Ability to work in a cross-platform development environment, consisting primarily of Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Linux administration and scripting experience in Unix environment.
- Familiarity with network protocols and libraries, network troubleshooting, storage, switch and router configuration. CCNA Certıfication is a plus.
- Familiarity with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, or DB2 preferably) and SQL.
- Experience in working in high-pressure situations.