PROGRAMME EDITOR: BUSINESS
The Programme Editor: Business is responsible for producing business news bulletins and programmes, liaising with news desks for global coverage needs, managing graphics production, liaising with gallery staff, editing scripts and outputting all business bulletins and programmes.
- Produce accurate, balanced, impartial, informative, up-to-date & viewer-focused Business bulletins and programmes.
- Ensure content and coverage is consistent with TRT World's Editorial Policies and values.
- Read in and have an overview of international updates through all available sources (news wires, other agencies, newspapers ...etc.).
- Participate in editorial meetings and propose ideas on what business stories need more coverage and content development.
- Discuss ideas with the news teams and business producers and decide on what stories should be presented for the day.
- Approve guests and follows up with the interview desk to contact guests and book satellite time.
- Review packages and reports and propose changes.
- Report and produce from the field.
- Write scripts, headlines, promos and main pages in bulletins, openings and closings for programmes, report and edit videos for stories to be presented
- Direct the broadcasting crew during the shift.
- Follow up on presenters, directors, producers, interview desk, satellite desk, and the floor manager to ensure daily plan is executed during the broadcasting shift assigned.
- Manage and motivate teams.
- Originate and develop news and strands.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Extensive experience in television news at a senior level, including outputting programmes and television news production.
- Excellent English writing skills with strong editorial judgment.
- Strong knowledge of world business and economic affairs.
- Previous experience as a financial journalist in a large national or international broadcast news channel.
- Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
- Team management experience.
- Understanding of cross-platform working.
- Minimum of 5 years