Accounting Lead is a critical member of the Finance Department and is responsible for overseeing the accounting function within the organization. Accounting Lead will make sure his/ her team works effectively and efficiently and managing a team of 4-5 people.
- Deliver high quality set of accounting data to facilitate in Turkey including statutory reporting.
- Manage local accounting staff and coordinate services with outside service providers and personnel in Turkey.
- Coordinate Accounting processes and ensure all these processes / activities follow local & TRT World compliance standards.
- Controlling day to day accounting and bookkeeping activities.
- Ensures all accounting processes/activities are properly documented.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting process of TRT World.
- Participating in accounting closing processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all business transactions in ERP system according to the local GAAP rules for statutory reporting.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering or similar fields.
- At least 5-6 years of accounting experience.
- Good knowledge of Turkish GAAP, Turkish Tax and Accounting requirements.
- Good understanding of business end to end processes and internal controls necessary to safeguard the TRT World
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications,
- Good command of English both written and spoken.
- Having knowledge about local tax rules
- SMMM qualification is an asset.
- Having good leadership skills.