The Event Project Manager has the full responsibility for managing events and ensuring deadlines and budgets are adhered to. Directs coordination of activities to prepare for the day of the event.
- Produce detailed proposals for events (for example, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Research venues, suppliers and contractors, and then negotiate prices and hire;
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, catering, travel);
- Manage all pre-event planning, e.g. organising guest speakers and delegate packs;
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might ocur;
- Manage a team of staff, giving full briefings;
- Make sure that insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are followed;
- Interact day to day with influencers and produce post-event evaluation to inform future events;
- Manage and coordinate branding groups and yearly forums;
- Research opportunities for new influencers and events;
- Analyze the events success and prepare reports;
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum 5 years of experience in event and project management.
- Master degree or higher in Social Science required.
- Good command of English. Turkish is a plus.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability.
- Interest in International Politics.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong networking skills and excellent established network.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Time management skills.
- Good network.