Digital Senior Producer - Explainers
The Digital Senior Producer who works under the Digital Senior Editor - Opinion, will drive the opinion section of the channel’s digital platforms. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing contributors.
The successful candidate must have proven experience commissioning and editing quality opinion articles and must be an experienced copy editor.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all opinion content meets TRT World’s editorial standards.
This is a relatively senior role within the digital team.
- From time to time lead and manage TRT World’s digital opinion team.
- Manage the production of opinion content including copy editing and commissioning.
- Recruit and manage opinion writers.
- Line editing
- Provide editorial direction to the channel’s Opinion section.
- Originate, develop and execute ideas for coverage.
- Originate, conceptualise and develop new ways of storytelling and content types within the section.
- Sound editorial judgment of Global issues.
- A passion and commitment to the spirit of journalism.
- Sound leadership and communication abilities.
- Experience and ability to edit Opinion articles.
- Experience and ability leading and managing a team.
- Ability to liaise effectively with an outside contributor.
- Experienced and good copy editor.
- At least 6 years experience in print or digital Journalism, Political Policy or International Relations.
- A proven track record of success.