- Istanbul, Turkey
- Full Time
- Mid Level
The Rights Specialist (RS) is part of the in-house legal team and is primarily in charge of matters regarding intellectual property and copyrights. The duties of the RS include the coordination of copyrights issues that arise on a daily basis during the media operations of TRT World and to ensure that such operations are carried out in accordance with current intellectual property laws and regulations. The RS demonstrates legal expertise and knowledge collaborating with the Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager and independent advisors to provide advice and assistance to the news, programming and managerial departments on matters of copyrights laws and regulations, setting the legal framework and providing guidelines to ensure international compliance regarding broadcasting regulation.
- Drafting legal documents
- Providing Advisory Memoradums
- Guiding News and Planning on Copyrights
- Collaborating with to external lawyers
- Structuring copyright approval processes
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Corporate law, media law, intellectual property law, labour law experience knowledge and general experience in the media industry.
- Administrative skills, negotiating, writing and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and Turkish
- Current licence to practise law
- Bachelors and Masters in Law