TRT WORLD – LEGAL SPECIALIST
The Legal Specialist will draft and negotiate contracts, conduct legal research and prepare memoranda, guidelines, training, educational materials and other written product in support of the business.
- Drafts and reviews contracts and provides guidance on contract standards.
- Participates in contract negotiations.
- Identifies, analyzes, researches, and resolves complex legal and business process issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Identifies risk, determines the level of risk and routes appropriately.
- Consults on legal and business provisions.
- Monitors compliance with internal business and legal processes and policies.
- Prepares contract summaries and/or issues lists.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of business units, strategy, and operational model.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct complex initiatives in a self-directed manner, with minimal oversight by attorneys, and to deliver superior results in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with broad spectrum of business unit attorneys, compliance officers and business unit representatives.
- Ability to prioritize multiple, ongoing initiatives and efficiently re-prioritize such responsibilities, as may be required in a changing business environment.
- Communicate openly, clearly, and completely (including excellent written skills).
- Ability to work effectively and integrity of the Legal and Compliance organization and the Company.
- Effectively utilize processes and procedures for various legal functions; including coordination with attorneys and other stakeholders to manage workflow and ensure projects are timely and accurately completed.
- Communicate and enforce existing rules for Legal and Compliance department processes; and provide a conduit for resolution of legal issues/questions.
- Understand the operations of internal business partners and the strategic goals of the company; oversee the drafting of legal documents accordingly.
- Anticipate problems and initiate action to ensure that work is delivered timely, efficiently, and accurately.
- Work on complex problems of broad scope where analysis of situations or information requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Work in collaboration with the business unit attorneys, and exercise independent judgment in escalating issues within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Interface with various internal business units and effectively manage relationships with those internal business units.
KEY REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION
- 5+ years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Turkish. (Arabic is a plus)