Boko Haram abducted 276 school girls in Chibok in northeastern Nigeria five year ago. Despite the military's efforts to tackle the militant group and secure the release of all the girls, more than 100 girls are still in captivity.
The released children were among 1,175 boys and 294 girls who had been identified as being associated with the Civilian Joint Task Force in the city of Maiduguri, UNICEF said, although the total has yet to be verified.
Boko Haram kidnapped 110 girls from a school in Dapchi, four weeks ago. Leah Sharibu, 15, was held back on Wednesday when 105 of her classmates were freed by Boko Haram after negotiations.
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari says he is sending more troops and reconnaissance aircraft to look for the schoolgirls abducted in Monday's attack by Boko Haram. The group had abducted over 270 girls from the northeastern town of Chibok in 2014.
Nigeria's Yobe government apologises for falsely reporting rescue of girls who went missing after an attack on their school. The disappearance is the biggest since the abduction of 270 Chibok schoolgirls in 2014.
The Nigerian military has rescued 76 schoolgirls and recovered the bodies of two others, according to three parents, a resident and a local government official.
The disappearance of the schoolgirls, if confirmed, would be one of the largest since Boko Haram abducted more than 270 schoolgirls from the town of Chibok in 2014.
Around 200 Chibok girls were abducted by Boko Haram in 2014. Some managed to escape while others were freed by the group in hostage deals with the government. But many are are still in captivity.
Boko Haram released 82 girls in exchange for five prisoners. The girls were among some 270 girls kidnapped in April 2014 from the Nigerian town of Chibok.
The 82 Chibok girls were released by Boko Haram militant group in exchange for five of their commanders, Nigerian government official says.
More than 200 girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram in the northern town of Chibok in April 2014. But through negotiations dozens of them have been released.
Today marks the third anniversary of the kidnapping of 276 girls from a secondary school by militant group Boko Haram in 2014.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2019 TRT World.