At least six shots were fired in the drive-by shooting in Scarborough district, but it remains unknown how many suspects were involved.
Brenton Tarrant wanted "to have shot more people than he did", the court was told at the start of the sentencing, held amid tight security and in front of bereaved families and wounded survivors.
Six people appeared in a New Zealand court on Monday, charged for illegally redistributing the livestream video of the terrorist attack on two mosques in Christchurch on March 15.
Australian police said that the counter-terrorism teams raided two homes linked to the mass shooting that killed at least 50 people at two New Zealand mosques last week.
Alexandre Bissonnette pleaded guilty last March to six charges of first-degree murder and six of attempted murder. More than 50 people were at the Islamic Cultural Centre in January 2017 when he began shooting during evening prayers.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2022 TRT World.