The Houthi rebels said the peace initiative could be a lasting commitment if the Saudi-led coalition fighting in Yemen stopped air strikes and lifted port restrictions.
Coalition says its target, a telecommunication system in capital Sanaa, was being used by Houthi rebels to "launch hostile operations."
Gruesome scenes came to light as rescue workers pulled bodies from destroyed prison building and piled up mangled corpses, according to footage released by the Iran-backed Houthi rebels.
The initiative would include a UN-supervised nationwide ceasefire and reopening of air and sea links blockaded by the Saudi-led coalition, main pre-conditions of the Iran-backed rebels before any peace deal.
The Baha'i International Community group welcomed the releases. The Houthis said in late March that they would free all Baha'i prisoners.
As part of the "phase one" of a ceasefire, the Houthi movement's unilateral withdrawal from the key ports began on Saturday, in the most significant advance yet for efforts to end the four-year-old war and relieve hunger.
Yemeni journalist Ahmed al Musabi was killed after an artillery shell struck him, along a number of government forces, a military spokesman said.
Officials said missile was intercepted over Taif province's Wasaliyah area, headed towards Mecca. But Houthi rebels in Yemen said it was aimed at a Saudi air base.
All international efforts so far have failed to make a breakthrough in bringing peace to the country embroiled in civil war since 2014. This is the story of a five-year-old girl who lost her family in an air strike.
Medics say the strikes hit the women's section at a funeral. Houthi rebels blame the Saudi-backed coalition for the attack.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2023 TRT World.