WAR ON IRAN
1 min read
Iran's IRGC rejects Trump's assertion of backchannel talks
US leader's assertions are just an attempt to influence global energy prices, IRGC spokesperson says.
Iran's IRGC rejects Trump's assertion of backchannel talks
A mourner waves an Iranian flag on the day of the funeral procession for Iran's late Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei in Tehran, Iran, July 6, 2026 [FILE]. / Reuters

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard has dismissed as “lies” US President Donald Trump’s assertion that Washington was holding backchannel talks with IRGC officials on war-related issues.

“No talks are taking place between IRGC officials and the Americans,” spokesperson Hossein Mohibbi told Iran’s Tasnim news agency on Monday.

He said the US leader’s claims were “lies” and “fantasies born of delusions and nightmares resulting from defeat and desperation in the war.”

The spokesperson added that diplomatic matters were handled by other Iranian state institutions and fell outside the IRGC’s purview.

“According to the information we have and statements by foreign ministry officials, no talks are currently taking place with the Americans – even at that level,” he said.

Earlier on Monday, Trump told reporters that his administration maintained a “backchannel with the IRGC.”

“We are speaking directly with IRGC officials in Iran,” the US president told.

RelatedTRT World - Trump threatens to bomb Oman if it 'gets in the way' of US-Iran talks
SOURCE:َAA