Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski announced on Thursday that the Israeli charge d’affaires in Warsaw would be summoned immediately and asked to issue an apology over the treatment of Gaza flotilla activists by Israeli authorities and National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir.
"I have instructed that Israel’s charge d’affaires in Warsaw be summoned immediately to convey our outrage and to demand an apology for the extremely inappropriate conduct of a member of the Israeli government," Sikorski said on X.
He voiced Poland's condemnation over Israeli authorities' treatment of activists, and demanded the Polish nationals' immediate release while calling for treatment "in accordance with international standards."
"The fact that the Foreign Ministry had advised Polish citizens against traveling to Israel and Palestine does not mean that we accept violations of their rights and dignity. The safety of our citizens remains our highest priority," Sikorski added.
Sikorski's remarks came after Ben-Gvir posted a video on social media showing himself taunting the pro-Palestinian activists, who were zip-tied and forced to kneel after being abducted by Israeli forces from international waters.
The minister sparked outrage both domestically and internationally after he posted the minute-long video.
The Global Sumud humanitarian aid flotilla said on Tuesday that all 50 vessels in its convoy had been seized by Israel.
The flotilla, carrying 428 people from 44 countries, departed last Thursday from the Turkish district of Marmaris in a new attempt to break the illegal Israeli blockade imposed on Gaza since 2007.












