The death toll from the earthquake in Colombia has risen to 321, the National Unit for Disaster Risk Management (UNGRD) said, as Bogota thanks Ankara for sending humanitarian aid.
The UNGRD said in a post on X on Friday that 257 people remained missing, while 284,185 people, representing 146,188 families, had been affected by the disaster.
The latest figures cover 15 departments and 476 municipalities across Colombia, according to the disaster management agency.
So far, around 31,445 homes have been destroyed and another 163,884 damaged. A total of 467 buildings have also collapsed, mainly in Cali and Pereira in western Colombia, two of the worst-affected cities.
The earthquake also damaged 351 healthcare facilities, 3,579 schools, 4,611 community centres, 435 roads and 180 vehicle and pedestrian bridges.
Colombia thanks Türkiye
Colombia, meanwhile, thanked Türkiye for sending humanitarian aid to support communities affected by the earthquake.
“We received the humanitarian aid sent by Türkiye to support the communities affected by the earthquake,” Colombia’s foreign ministry said in a post on X.
The ministry said the shipment included more than 1 metric tonne of food, over 900 blankets and 450 kilogrammes of medicine.
“We thank the government and people of Türkiye for their support and commitment to Colombia,” it said.
“Cooperation from our international partners continues to arrive in our country,” the ministry added.
The 7.4-magnitude quake, which struck on August 10, was the most powerful seismic event to hit Colombia this century.
Its epicentre was located near San Jose del Palmar in the Pacific department of Choco at an intermediate depth of roughly 110 kilometres. Despite the depth, structural destruction spread rapidly across the country's western “Coffee Axis” and major urban hubs.

















