The Palestinian Foreign Ministry has urged companies and economic entities not to take part in Israeli construction tenders for the illegal E1 settlement project in occupied East Jerusalem, warning that involvement would run counter to obligations under international law.
The ministry said on Thursday that companies should refrain from any direct or indirect contribution to settlement activity and called on the international community to take concrete steps to stop the project.
It said such action would be consistent with international legal obligations, including the International Court of Justice's position that states must not provide aid or assistance in maintaining an unlawful situation created by occupation policies.
The ministry warned that E1 would further undermine prospects for a two-state solution by cutting through the occupied West Bank and damaging its geographical continuity.
It called on countries to move beyond political statements and take "practical and effective steps" to pressure Israel to halt illegal settlement expansion and withdraw the project.

Calling for action
The ministry also called for measures against Israel's illegal settlement system, saying an end to occupation and illegal settlement activity and respect for international law were essential to achieving a just and lasting peace.
Palestinian Vice President Hussein al-Sheikh echoed the call, saying international opposition to E1 should be translated into concrete action to halt Israeli illegal settlement policies and protect Palestinian rights.
Earlier on Thursday, the UK, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Canada and Norway issued a joint statement condemning Israel's decision to advance E1 as "unacceptable."
The seven countries called on Israel to withdraw the project immediately and halt illegal settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank and urged companies not to bid for construction contracts linked to E1.
On Tuesday, the Israeli rights groups Ir Amim, Bimkom and Peace Now said Israel had issued a tender for 1,234 settlement units under the project without notifying petitioners challenging it, despite an earlier commitment to provide advance notice.
The E1 plan seeks to connect the illegal Ma'ale Adumim settlement with occupied East Jerusalem through Israeli construction on Palestinian land and includes roughly 3,400 illegal settlement units.
Critics worldwide in numerous countries say that by dividing the occupied West Bank, the project seeks to make a two-state solution impossible.















