As many as 13 people, including both Afghan army soldiers and civilians, were killed and 18 wounded by a car bomb in the southern province of Helmand.
A Taliban suicide bomber killed at least 13 people and wounded several more in an attack on a convoy of Afghan soldiers in Helmand province late Sunday, an official said.
"A suicide bomber detonated an explosive-filled car as the Afghan National Army convoy passed a small market in Nawa District of Helmand," Omar Zwak, a spokesman for the provincial governor, said.
TRT World spoke with Kabul-base journalist Bilal Sarwary for the latest.
He added that civilians and forces personnel were among the dead while more than a dozen others had been wounded.
A source working at a nearby hospital said on condition of anonymity that the bodies of 15 victims had been brought to the hospital. Another 19 injured were also admitted, he added.
"The majority of the dead belong to Afghan forces and most of the wounded are civilians," the source said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
The deadly assault came days after a Taliban suicide bomber killed five civilians and wounded dozens of others, mainly children, when he detonated a car filled with explosives at a police headquarters in Lashkar Gah, Helmand's capital.
That attack was the insurgents' first major one since US President Donald Trump announced he was committing American troops to Afghanistan indefinitely.