Top US diplomat Antony Blinken says he has not seen any information from Israel, echoing AP executive editor's comments that no clear evidence was seen on legitimacy of air strikes on Al Jalaa Tower housing AP and other media outlets.
Palestinian Health Ministry says 212 people have been killed so far, including 61 children and 36 women since the start of Israel's attack on blockaded Gaza.
Three convoys transporting a total of 263 Palestinians cross into Rafah in the restive North Sinai region, sources say. Meanwhile, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry says "concessions must be made in order to achieve peace."
Israeli air strikes on blockaded Gaza have killed 133 people, including 36 children and 20 women, and has wounded 950 others, Palestinian medics said.
Days of deadly violence have seen Israeli soldiers massing on the edge of the Palestinian territory, although the army stressed there had been no ground incursion despite an earlier statement that troops were carrying out an attack in Gaza.
The initiative would include a UN-supervised nationwide ceasefire and reopening of air and sea links blockaded by the Saudi-led coalition, main pre-conditions of the Iran-backed rebels before any peace deal.
The raids in Yemen's rebel-held capital come after the coalition said it intercepted 10 drones launched by the rebels on Sunday, in a sharp escalation in cross-border attacks on the kingdom.
Earlier this month, the Houthi rebels resumed an offensive to seize Marib city in an effort to gain leverage before entering into any negotiations with Yemen's internationally recognised government.
Israeli sources say its attacks hit military targets belonging to Iran's Quds Force and Syrian regime forces following discovery of IEDs on its side of a border crossing point with Syria.
The air strikes, carried out over the last two days, mark a rare military intervention by the United States since it signed an agreement on troop withdrawal with the Taliban in February.
Afghan villagers say 24 civilians were killed in air strikes on Saturday in northern Kunduz province, contradicting government claims of killing 30 Taliban fighters.
Afghan officials say strikes on Taliban positions killed 30 fighters in northern Kunduz province, but Taliban says the botched raid killed 23 civilians instead.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2021 TRT World.