The prospect of Covid-19 hitting Yemen is terrifying considering the already ongoing humanitarian catastrophes in the country.
In an attempt to threaten Turkey over its limited cross-border operation in Syria, many European countries discontinued selling arms to Ankara, while they continue to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia to fuel its full-scale war in Yemen.
"It's very much to do with moving from what I would call a military-first strategy to a peace-first strategy," according to one UAE official. Diplomats said Abu Dhabi preferred to have its forces on hand should US-Iran tensions escalate further.
The UN humanitarian agency says thousands of Yemeni civilians are trapped in an embattled northern district as fierce clashes between warring factions continue.
US foreign policy is based around freedom and democracy, but its Middle Eastern allies, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, are blatantly violating the universal human rights.
The rebels have begun to withdraw from the port city, the country's key aid lifeline, under a UN-brokered agreement reached in Sweden earlier this month.
The US senate voted for ending support to Saudi-led coalition in Yemen and condemning crown prince MBS's role in dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi's killing.
A team from Yemen's Saudi-backed government arrived in Sweden to attend peace talks starting on Thursday with members of the Iran-aligned Houthi group.
The complaint by the International Alliance for the Defence of Rights and Freedoms (AIDL) says Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, who is Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, is responsible for attacks that hit civilians in Yemen.
The Saudi-led coalition has killed tens of thousands of Yemeni civilians in air raids without any international repercussions and now Donald Trump has blamed a civilian massacre on the Saudis' lack of knowledge on how to use the US-made bombs.
In addition, three more people were killed and six injured when strikes hit three vehicles in Al Hali District in Hudaida province, the UN's Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said in a statement Thursday.
The UAE says the pause in hostilities is aimed at pursuing negotiations for an unconditional Houthi withdrawal from Hudaida but warns that full military action could resume.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2020 TRT World.