Led by Saudi Arabia, several states in the Middle East and Africa have severed ties with Qatar since June 5, accusing the gas-rich Gulf state of supporting terrorism and Iran. Qatar denies the allegations.
General Ali Mohammed al Mohannadi, who is heading the investigation into the hacking, told a news conference the "hacking" was undertaken "from two sites in the Emirates."
Speaking at Chatham House in London, UAE's foreign minister also denied a Washington Post report saying that his country had been behind an alleged cyberattack on Qatar.
In an exclusive interview, Qatar's Defence Minister Khalid bin Mohammad al Attiyah tells us that the dispute with Gulf states goes back to 1996. He says the Emir of Qatar's policies are not anti-GCC, and all accusations against Qatar are untrue.
Erdogan has criticised a list of demands made by the four Arab states to end the sanctions on Qatar. The Qatari foreign minister, who is visiting Ankara, said the Gulf standoff cannot be resolved in a day.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2021 TRT World.