The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed more than 1,600 people since August.
WHO and UNICEF blame war, inequality as well as complacency for 20 million children missing immunisation.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has reported that global measles cases have nearly quadrupled in the first quarter of 2019 to 112,163 cases compared to the same period last year.
At least 1,052 cholera cases have been reported by Mozambique's health ministry, including one death, according to the World Health Organization.
At least 29 newborns and children have died, mainly due to exposure to the cold. Clashes in Deir Ezzor resulted in 20,000 people fleeing to northeastern Al Hol camp in past eight weeks, the UN agency says.
Congo’s health ministry has announced 379 confirmed and 47 probable Ebola cases in the outbreak declared on August 1, citing 198 confirmed deaths. It is now the second largest Ebola outbreak in history, the World Health Organization said.
The World Health Organization's cancer research arm estimates in a report released on Wednesday that there will be more than 18 million new cases globally this year and more than 9 million deaths.
With richer nations enjoying an increasingly comfortable, sedentary lifestyle, the study says a third of women and a quarter of men worldwide are in the firing line for killer conditions unless they up their physical activity.
Ebola has reared its ugly head again in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The DRC has dealt with more outbreaks of the disease than any other nation. The battle to contain it comes amid violent conflict and political crises.
According to World Health Organization (WHO) data, 14 Indian cities are among the world's 20 most polluted, with Dehli making no progress in tackling its pollution problem.
The World Health Organization said 500 patients brought from Douma show "signs and symptoms consistent with exposure to toxic chemicals" and demanded access to the site to provide care to people affected.
A World Health Organization official says 70 percent of the supplies loaded on its trucks were removed by Bashar al Assad's regime forces during inspection.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for all latest in-depth, on the ground reporting from around the world.
Copyright © 2019 TRT World.